The payments tab in the project settings gives you the flexibility to choose which card types to accept, if you want to add a service fee, which email address the receipt emails should come from, and more.
Go to settings --> project settings --> payments
The payments tab is broken into the following categories:
Set Payments Merchant Account
- If your merchant account is set up and processing for this project, that will be indicated here.
- If you have multiple merchant accounts, click "Select as Processing Account" to use the merchant account of your choice to process payments in this project.
- If you do not have a merchant account available, this section will allow you to begin your application for a merchant account.
- Soft Descriptor - This is the descriptor that will show up on the credit card and bank statements of your users. Note that some banks will not present this descriptor due to bank limitations.
- Use Same Saved Payment Method Between Attendees - If toggled on, this will save your payment method for all sub-units in the group. If turned off, the user will need to enter a new payment method for each sub-unit payment.
- Request to enable 3-D Secure Payments Protocol - Enable this if you are taking credit card payments from European countries with Bluesnap.
- Admin payment receipts come from - Click Edit/Set payment sender to choose which admin email address should be the email sender for payment related emails, including receipts. If no admin is selected, the most recently created organization owner will be the email sender.
- Financial Contacts: Admins to be notified when there is a chargeback, decline, or cancelled payment - Click Edit/Set Financial Contacts to choose which admins should get an email when a payment is declined, cancelled or if there is a chargeback. If no admins are selected, these emails will go out to all organization owners.
- Send Admins End-User Payment Notifications - If toggled on, every payment notification that goes out to users will also go to the financial contacts listed above.
Allowed Credit Cards
In this section, you can choose to allow if your project accepts these credit card types: DINERS, American Express, or Discover.
These settings allow you to control your payment processing fees by limiting, if desired, the higher fee credit cards like Amex, Discover, and Diners. We recommend keeping it on to give more payment options. You can use the settings, below, to charge a service fee on these card types to offset your costs.
Credit Card Fees
These settings allow you to control the costs you pay and that are presented to your users during checkout.
- Online Service Fee - Online service fee allows you to add a percentage of the user's total to their bill in order to offset the cost of processing fees.
- Enable Fees on Check and Debit Cards - You can turn on or off fees on check and debit cards, as indicated in the field above. Off means users will not be charged a service fee when using a debit card.
- You can customize the text of the online service fee that is presented to your users by completing the last 2 fields.
E- Check Fees
- e-Check Service Fee -Charging a service fee on e-Check payments will lower the processing fee you pay. We do NOT recommend this, as e-Check processing fees are the lowest and it's best to encourage and offer a service fee free option to your users. If you opt to charge a % service fee on e-Checks, the amount you input is limited to your contracted rates.
- Enable Taxing - If toggled on, you can enable taxing for transactions in your system based on your county, state, or country requirements. Set the % of tax to add to transactions. You can customize the text to present for the line item to the users.
Extra Payment Options
- Enable Payments- If toggled off, all payment related functions in the system will not be available. This will also disable the products module. The recommended setting is on.
- Enable Autobill Payments - If toggled off, all autobill functions in the system will be disabled. Any future autobill payments will not be charged. The recommended setting is on.