The settings in the registration tab allow you to fine-tune how the system interacts with and presents to users. To get to the registration tab, go to Settings —> click Project Settings —> click Registration.
The registration tab is broken into the following categories:
- New applicants can register - enable or disable the creation of new accounts
- Project Start Page - choose the landing page for your project
- Which form should appear after account creation? - choose the first form you want users to see after their account is created
This section of the Registration tab lets you control what happens when existing users log back into their accounts.
- Which form should appear when returning applicants log in? - first incomplete form is recommended
- In a group system, you’ll also be able to control the following settings for sub-units:
- First form to present after sub-unit (child/attendee) account created - the form users are directed to after creating a sub account
- Form to present when re-entering sub-unit account - first incomplete form is recommended
- Auto create sub-unit account after head-unit (parent) account flow is complete - ON tells the system to automatically create a sub-unit account after the head unit registration is complete. When set to OFF, users will be able to add sub accounts from their dashboard.
- Flow through sub-unit accounts automatically - ON will have the system move from one sub-unit account to the next (when there are multiple) automatically
- Offer to create new sub-unit account (child) at the end of each sub registration process - ON is recommended. Sub-units can also be added on the dashboard
- When set to ON, you will also be able to edit the text displayed in the offer
Archived Users and Locked Forms
Modify the messages users see when they re-visit a locked form or if they try to log back into an archived account.
This section lets you control settings for user accounts in an anonymous system, where your offerings are presented to users before asking them for any information. Anonymous systems automatically create random credentials for every visitor. Learn more about anonymous registrations here.
- Give user option to manually create credentials in an anonymous system - when turned ON, users will be able to create their own username and password to return to their account
- Check for duplicate emails - when turned ON, the system will not permit users to register multiple accounts under one email address.
- Manual password creation optional - when turned ON, users will be able to go through the registration flow with their anonymous credentials. When turned OFF, users will be required to create a username and password on the second registration form.
- Capitalize names - when turned ON, the system will try to make sure first, last, and organization names are capitalized correctly. For example: “john” and “regpack” will be turned into “John” and “Regpack,” accordingly.
- Check emails against DNS servers - when turned ON, the system will check the email address and structure to ensure it’s valid.
- Password recovery email links to embedded page - when turned ON, password recovery links will direct to the webpage the system is embedded into.
- Submit button position on right - TRUE will position the “skip this step” option (if visible) on the left side of the page and FALSE positions it on the right.
Project Settings - General Tab
Project Settings - Payments Tab
Project Settings - Product Settings Tab
Project Settings - Registration Tab
Project Settings - Embedding Tab