The cart timer allows you to set an amount of time for a user to make a payment for the products in their cart. It looks like this:
You can find this setting by clicking "Tools" at the top right --> "General Product Settings" --> "Set Timer on user orders"
Set the number of minutes that will display to users, once enabled.
You can only enter whole numbers greater than 1. The cart timer works on both the front and back ends.
- Back end - the countdown begins as soon as the form is saved/product is added to the cart, and can only be viewed when looking at the user's forms.
- Front end - as soon as the user clicks Go to next step on the product selection form. The countdown
Action to perform when time passes and payment has not been issued:
- Abandoned cart (Recommended) - Keeps products in the cart yet disregards when calculating quota. This means that when you filter for this specific product in the cart, the user will not display as someone who has ordered the product. This will display as a label on the Product Order list as such.
- Move items to the waitlist - The system will move the item to the waitlist where you can then enable it within their cart. Waitlist must be enabled at the product level, if not then the system will leave the item in the user cart.
- Remove items from the cart - The system will remove the items from the user's cart if they are not marked as paid within the timer settings.
What stops the timer?
- Any payment made by the user (recommended) - A payment is made towards the user's account
- Some amount is allocated to the product - A payment is made towards the specific products covered by the cart timer. Use this feature with the Autobill feature, so a user's deposit towards a particular product stops the timer
- Products/services paid in full - The timer only stops when the products specified for the timer are fully paid for.
- The cart timer stops when the payment is being processed, or a 100% discount has been applied. Partial discounts do not stop the timer!
Cart timer applies to - The cart timer can apply to the entire order or just specific products that you designate by hitting Selected Products/Services
How quotas work with cart timer
When someone selects a product, they have a spot in that product's quota until their timer runs out, they apply a 100% discount, or they pay. During that time, another user CAN NOT order the product if the quota is met. If the user does not pay within the time set by the timer, that spot will be released and can be ordered by someone else.
Filter for users with abandoned products
In User Management click search --> Products/Services --> either Cart Status or Product Type, and select: Cart has Abandoned items