Coupon or discount codes can be used to trigger discounts to add to a user's cart (or even fields, forms, products, or autobilling plans to show or add!).
Create a Place for Codes to be Entered
Go to settings --> forms --> click edit fields beside the form you'd like the discount code field on --> add field --> short answer --> name it --> under ADMIN FIELD & FILTER/TRIGGERING OPTIONS turn ON "Add field to filter options on backend" --> save.
You should put the discount code field on a form that comes before the Confirm Selection form so the user sees their total including the discount on the Confirm Selection form.
The discount code cannot be on the Checkout form.
Trigger Your Discount to Add Automatically
- Head to Settings -> Products and create your discount
- Hover over your discount and click Trigger -> Add product to user's cart and hide from others
- In the trigger menu, open up Fields and find your newly created Discount/Coupon Code field
- Type in your discount code and click the green + symbol
- Click "That's it, I'm finished!" and you're done!
- NOTE: The short answer field CANNOT be on the Checkout form. A form must be submitted to fire the trigger.
- If you have a family/group project, the field and discount must be on the child/sub-unit level as discounts apply per child/sub-unit.
- We recommend adding this field before the Confirm Selection form so that your users can see the discount apply in their cart.