Go to settings --> products --> create new product --> discount
Price - can be a set amount or a percentage
- Set amount discounts act as a payment in the cart. If the user is on an autobill plan, set amount discounts apply to the first autobill installment, while percentage based discounts distribute evenly accross autobill installments
Discount Applies to:
- Entire order - the whole cart
- Selected Products/Services - discounts taken off only specific product selected here
Can only be ordered once - one product per user. Turn this OFF if you'd like admins to be able to apply the discount in multiple increments.
- A $1 discount added to one user's cart 50 times for $50 off, and another user's cart 20 times for $20 off. Type the number in the box beside the product in the user's cart
- Assign Admins / Set Instructors When assigning a product to an admin they will get notifications on changes and you can search based on their name on the front-end. Use this option to manage instructors or admins that are responsible for the offering.
- Description - product descriptions display beneath the product name and can include images or videos using the source tab
Filter and Reporting Options - create filters your users can use to view products on the front end that can be added to reports!
- Internal ID - This information can be presented in the product report
- Location - Allow users to filter based on location.
- Misc 1 & 2 - Filters of your choice. Name them in the form's product widget
- Availability/Expiration date - automatically displays/hides the product on specific days. You can use this with a trigger to add an early bird discount or late fee. To hide a product anytime, turn OFF visible to users.
- Quota Settings - allow you to limit the number of users who order the product. If you'd like to prevent users from counting towards the quota until they have paid for the product (even partially), turn on the cart timer
Creating a Variable Discount
For Set Amount discounts ($) you have the ability to apply the discount in multiple increments. This means you can create a variable discount where you can enter the amount you'd like to discount the user's cart, without creating multiple discounts.
For example, you can apply a -$70 discount to User A and a -$45 discount to User B without creating two different discount products.
To achieve this, create a discount of -$1. In the Settings tab of the discount, Turn OFF the setting "Can only be ordered once". This will allow the quantity field to appear when applying the discount to the user cart. In the quantity field, you'll enter the amount you'd like to discount the user's cart by.
For example, if you are discounting User A's cart by -$50, you'll navigate to their cart —> add products/services —> select the -$1 discount —> in the quantity field next to the discount, enter "50" —> this will then discount User A's cart by -$50 because 50 x -$1 = -$50
Triggering your discount
Admins can manually add discounts to user's accounts, or trigger them to add automatically.
How to add a discount to a user manually