Anonymous projects are an easy way to gather initial information and display offerings without requiring users to create an account first!
Ready in 30 minutes! You'll need...
- A project template
- An anonymous form
1. Create a new project
Go to settings --> project settings --> create new project. You can copy the current project or select a template.
2. Make the first form anonymous
In settings --> forms --> click edit form properties by a form (parent form if a group system) --> turn anonymous ON --> update form.
3. Set the anonymous form as the start page
Go to settings --> project settings --> Registration --> change the Project Start Page to the anonymous form you created using the dropdown menu --> save.
4. Edit your project
5. Create a test user to check out your new project!
Anonymous Registration Settings
In settings --> project settings --> registration, there are settings pertaining to anonymous projects. Anonymous projects do not require users to create an account at the start of registration, but there are a few options for if/when users create an account.
- Give user option to manually create credentials in an anonymous system - when ON the user can create a username and password and log back into the same account later
- Check for duplicate emails - when ON this setting prevents users from creating additional accounts with the same email address.
- Manual password creation optional - when ON users have the option to create an account with a password, but are not required to do so. Turning this OFF while the other two settings are ON requires users to create an account on the second form, as opposed to the standard registration style where users create an account first.
Tips for Anonymous Systems
- We recommend adding an "Email" field on your first form to ensure you have a way to contact users, even if they don't complete registration
- If you are processing payments, we encourage you to require users to create an account. Oftentimes, users register and return later to pay, or want to check their order again online.
- With this setup, you may like to hide or customize the "Register" and "Login" buttons, which you can do in settings --> project settings --> appearance tab.
- Regpack creates user credentials automatically. If users would like to log into their existing accounts, you can send them an email with the Username and Auto generated password tokens. They can login and change their username and password by clicking settings on the front end.
When to use an anonymous system
- Displaying a product catalog - here's how to build it!
- Creating a donation page - here's the recipe!
- Creating multiple registration entry points on different pages of your website
Please note that this system structure does not automatically prevent duplicate accounts. If you anticipate users needing to return to their account for any reason, account creation is recommended.