To turn on the filter on your product widget and allow users to filter for your products, follow the steps below:
Turn on Filtering in the Product Widget
- Head to Settings -> Forms.
- Find the form that contains the product widget (this displays your products) and click Edit Form Fields.
- Click on the product widget to open up its options.
- Expand "Filtering and Search."
- Toggle "Allow product filtering" to on.
- Make any text changes to the filter options presented and select which filter options you'd like enabled.
- Click save field.
Choose Labels for Products
Now that you've turned on filtering and selected which filters you'd like to present to your users, you'll want to apply the options within those filters to each product to ensure they show up when selected.
- Head to Settings -> Products.
- Hover over the product you wish to add a label to and click Edit -> Edit Session if you are adding labels to a session.
- Open up the Options tab for sessions or Settings tab for non-sessions.
- Expand Filter and Reporting Options and add your labels. (for assigning an admin, this is under Assign Admins/Set Instructors).
- Click Update Product.
Product Filter Options
Note that the filter options you select will only show if at least 1 product has that variable. If you select "Location" as a filter option, but no product has a location, it will not show this filter option on the front end.
- Category The category is whatever category in the Products module the product is under.
- Dates Allows filtering by dates, which are set on the product and session level. If this field is left blank, the system will present the date range of your initial offerings as the “name” of this filter. When filtering by date, the system will ONLY show products and sessions with dates.
- Instructor The system will filter by the admin(s) assigned to the product or session. Admins can be managed in Admin Management. You can view the "Instructor" assignment in the video below, under "Location". Under the settings for every product/session, head to "Assign Admins/Set Instructors" and select from admins in your system to assign a product/session to an admin/instructor. You can assign multiple admins to every product/session.
- Location The location field is found on the product/sessions level in the Products module. To set this value, edit a product/session and navigate to Settings --> “Filtering and Reporting”, where you can enter the location. Misc 1/2 are fields that are found on the product/sessions level in the Products module, as shown above. To set these values, edit a product/session and navigate to Settings --> “Filtering and Reporting”, where you can enter data into these fields. See the video above.
*Note: these filtering labels will NOT appear to your users.