The long answer field allows you to capture short text such as first names, last names, city, etc.
Adding a Long Answer Field
- Head to Settings -> Forms.
- Hover over the form you wish to add a short answer field to and click “Edit Form Fields.”
- In the fields menu, click "Short Answer” and drag and drop it within the form where you would like it to appear. You can also click “Add Top” or “Add Bottom” to add it to the respective position within the form.
- Name your field and options and click “Save Field.”
- Click “Save Form.”
- Choose whether this field is mandatory to consider the form complete (ON = mandatory).
- Add a field description to guide your users under Field Description.
- Add this field to the list of filtering and triggering options by setting "Add field to filter options on backend" to ON.
- If this field should only be seen by admins so users cannot fill it out, set “Field hidden from users” to ON.
- Limit the maximum characters, minimum characters, or maximum words allowed by expanding the "Maximum character or words allowed" menu and adding your limitations.
- Enable Data Checks:
- Password: Enter at least 6 digits, allowing for letters, numbers and special characters with the exception of spaces.
- Email: Enter a valid email that uses the basic email structure of email@example.com.
- Phone: Will check for properly formatted phone numbers, which can be used alongside the specific phone number field.
- Phone with 10 digits: Force the user to enter a phone with 10 digits.
- Number: Confirm the user enters only numbers and no other characters.
- Latin Characters: Confirm the user is only entering Latin characters.
- URL: Checks for a basic URL structure such as www.test.com or https://www.test.com/
- Routing number: Confirms the structure of a US routing number and checks against the routing number database.