Our Autobill tool is great for regulating your cash flow.
You have the ability to set autobill plans where the system can automatically charge your users. The plans can be set to be admin only, user facing, automatically triggered, applied to specific products, and multiple plans will automatically be combined into a single plan.
First navigate to “Settings” and click “Autobill.”
To create a new plan, click the blue "Create New Autobill Plan."
Under “Plan Settings” provide the basic details:
- Plan name
- Plan category
- User facing vs Admin facing
- A single plan for the entire order vs applying only to specific products (multiple product plans will automatically sync into a single consolidated plans for your users, but can be tracked separately on the back end)
- Review the locking or additional advanced options if necessary and click "Go To Next Step." when ready to proceed to "Payment Schedule"
Under “Payment Schedule”:
- Start and end date
- Deposit option
- Charge dates
- Number of payments
Start and End Date:
- Date plan selected - Starts plan when the plan is triggered, selected by user, or added by an admin
- Application date - Starts plan when the user registers
- First order date - Starts plan when a product is first added to the user's cart either by trigger, selected by the user, or added by an admin
- Fixed Date - Starts plan on a static date of your choosing. This is our least recommended option as it is not very flexible for incoming users.
- End Date - Date in which you'd like the balance to be paid. We use this date to automatically calculate the number of payments required when choosing your charge dates
- Defaults as "No"
- If "Yes" there are two types of deposit options
- Static - This is a flat number that will appear as the first payment of a plan
- Percentage - The percentage will be based on the total of the eligible products selected by the user
- There are several bi-weekly and monthly options
- Choosing the dates will directly determine how many how often those charges will occur.
- All plans will end based on the end date you've selected, but this option will control the day and quantity up until that date.
- Choosing "custom" will require you to enter each payment unit separately. It is our least recommended option, but can allow for any type of date or payment amount combination.
Number of payments:
- Defaults to automatically calculate the number of payments based on your selection of start date, end date, and charge dates. (The screenshot below shows the view if selecting to manually limit the number of payments)
- If you choose to limit the number of payments you will need to provide a maximum number of payments for this plan. If you elect to require a deposit then it should be included in the number your provide.
- Clicking "Create payment schedule" will finalize the plan and allow it to be selected by both users and admin according to the eligible products or triggers.