User information porting allows a user's forms to autofill with the information from your previous project when they log in.
Instead of your returning users needing to fill in their basic information again (addresses, phone numbers, food allergies, etc), this information will carry over from the previous registration cycle.
- Users will use the same login email and password for all projects within your organization.
- Users need to login to a project in order for their name to show in User Management.
- When you copy a project, user information porting is on by default.
- If you have fields that your users need to answer again (for example, age or grade), we recommend deleting that field and adding it back in, to disconnect last year's answers. An easy way to do this is to copy the field, rename it, and delete the original field.
There are some exceptions on information that carries over and forms that mark complete.
- Any fields/questions that you added, the users will need to re-answer those (this is great for any additional questions you need to ask, or for information that may have changed and users need to answer again).
- Forms with e-signature widgets will need to be filled out in the new project.
- Product selection (the carts will be empty when they login)
- Payments (payments from the previous project will not carry over)
- Marking a user inactive in the original project will not affect the applicant’s ability to log in to the copied project, but their answers to questions won’t port over.
If you decide you DO NOT want your users information to copy over, you can turn this setting off when you copy your project.
You can turn user information porting off under the Copy Settings by clicking the word Copy Settings to expand the settings. You can toggle "User Information Porting" to OFF.
You can read more about creating new projects here.
If you are unsure about any of the steps mentioned here, please email our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org