Regpack can push user activity directly to your Google Tag Manager (GTM) or Google Analytics account. Whether you are creating ads through AdWords, or simply checking Google Analytics to understand your users and their activity better, adding your tracking code in Regpack will be very useful!
To input your GTM or Google Analytics ID in Regpack, simply add your Code under Settings --> Project Settings --> General Tab.
The following events are tracked through the pixel in Google:
- Sign-up - When a user registers, this will be tagged as engagement.
- Payment Issued - This will fire when a payment is issued, including the value of it. It will be tagged as "e-commerce".
- Form View - When a user views a form, tagged as "registration_Process"
- Form Complete - When a user completes a form, also tagged as "registration_process"
Note that these actions are only recorded on the front-end of your system, not the back-end activities.
Where to view this data:
On the left-hand side, click Behavior --> Events --> Event Category = Regpack. You can also generate reports based on these events. The article mentioned above has a breakdown of this, but here's an overview:
- Goal Values in Acquisition Reports
- Multi-Channel Funnels / Attribution Reporting
- Page Value Reporting
Creating Conversion Events in Google Analytics
Learn more about creating conversion events in Google Analytics here.
Creating Goals with Registration Events
If you'd like to connect a specific goal with a GA event, or if you want to trigger a goal based on these events, do the following:
- Click on your Admin gear icon and go to the "Goal" section.
- Create a new goal.
- In the setup, create a custom goal and press "continue".
- In Goal Description, name the goal and set the goal type as "event". Press "continue".
- In Goal Detalis, set the category to be equal to Regpack.
- Depending on the action you want to trigger an event based off of, use the action equal to the correct event.
- Keep the Label field blank.
- Set the value to Greater than Zero.
- Turn off the toggle "Use the Event Value as the Goal Value for the conversion". You can set a monetary value here as well.
Form URL's in Regpack
We have also updated the backend to show the specific URL of all forms, so you can select any form as a conversion event in Google Analytics. This can be found in Settings --> Forms --> "Edit Form Properties" --> the link is in the "Form Info" section.
Cross Domain Tracking
You can set up cross-domain either as an editor within the admin section or manually by modifying the measurement code. Learn more about these options here.
Utm Tracking in Regpack System Fields
Regpack also tracks the URL that users began their registration journey, and can even pull out the UTM parameters in that URL if they exist. In order to view and report on this information, you'll need to create a report in Regpack and add those system fields to the report. You can set the report as "Info View" if you'd like to view this information in the user panel, or simply filter for the users you'd like this information on (like everyone who ordered a specific product) and then run the report.
You can view the UTM source, medium, campaign, as well as the full URL for every user.