Service fees allow you to offset the cost of processing payments by charging users a percentage of their transaction. Here's how payment processing works in Regpack
Access these settings in settings --> project settings --> payments
Credit Card Fees
These settings allow you to control the costs you pay and that are presented to your users during checkout.
- Online Service Fee - This will add the % you've put in to be added to the user when checking out with a credit card. The % value is limited to your contracted processing rates.
- Enable Fees on Check and Debit Cards - You can turn on or off fees on check and debit cards, as indicated in the field above. Off means users will not be charged a service fee when using a debit card.
- You can customize the text of the online service fee that is presented to your users by completing the last 2 fields.
E- Check Fees
- e-Check Service Fee -Charging a service fee on e-Check payments will lower the processing fee you pay. We do NOT recommend this, as e-Check processing fees are the lowest and it's best to encourage and offer a service fee free option to your users. If you opt to charge a % service fee on e-Checks, the amount you input is limited to your contracted rates.
- Enable Taxing - If toggled on, you can enable taxing for transactions in your system based on your county, state, or country requirements. Set the % of tax to add to transactions. You can customize the text to present for the line item to the users.