Edit Product Triggers
Product triggers will allow you to automatically add, show, or remove products when certain conditions are met.
To begin, navigate to Product Management (Settings -> Products).
To edit the trigger, hover your mouse over the product with an existing trigger and click the “Triggers” button.
Clicking the trigger button opens up the first step in the triggering process, determining what the product does when the trigger condition is met.
Click “Set Trigger Conditions” once you complete the first step to begin setting trigger conditions.
Next you will need to add or remove trigger conditions. After you select the conditions, click “That’s it, I’m Finished!”
Remember to double check if “All conditions are required” or “Any condition is sufficient” is selected.
- Registration: This section has options based on the overall registration (i.e. “user registers” or “child created”)
- Status: Triggers in this section are made up of the statuses that are created in the User Management screen (i.e. “excluded status” or some other custom status).
- Payments: This section is where you can trigger based on the status of each payment made (i.e. “payment compete” or “needs to close balance”).
- Forms: Triggers that can be set on the status of forms in their registration (i.e. “form complete” or “form incomplete”).
- Products/Services: Triggers that can be set on selection and payment of products (i.e.” product added to cart” or “product paid for”).
- Fields: Triggers that are set according to the answers selected by your registrants (i.e. if they say yes to a multiple-choice question, or complete an answer field).
- Trigger settings:
- All options are required: The trigger will not activate unless ALL conditions are met.
- Any option is sufficient: The trigger will activate on ANY conditions that are listed.
- Reverse Trigger: This will remove the form if the condition(s) that you’ve selected are not fulfilled.
Note: When quotas are applied to products that are triggered to add to a cart automatically, the system will stop adding that product when it reaches the set limit.
Once the trigger is set the lightning bolt will become purple. Clicking this bolt will allow you to easily inspect the triggers associated with that product.
Remember to also test your triggered products on the front end to make sure everything is working properly.